We are offering a 2 year ‘blended’ course to allow greater access to training. This consists of 2 semesters a year of teaching and experiential sessions on Zoom, with residential weekends and face to face workshop days.
The course is open to Christians of any denomination (clergy and lay).
Those seeking a place should:
- Be someone who finds others turn naturally to them
- Be mature and stable in their Christian faith (this does not mean without questions and challenges!)
- Have a spiritual guide (we can help you find someone suitable if necessary)
- Have knowledge of the scriptures and traditions of Christianity
Together we hope to
- Encourage giftedness and offer practical training in the skills and art of spiritual direction
- To nurture your own spiritual life
- To develop an appreciation and knowledge of the wide variety of Christian spiritualities
- To broaden understanding and experience of differing traditions of prayer
If you are interested in exploring this, please download the publicity leaflet, the course plan and the application form
Registered Charity Number: 1187445
This Trust has been established to teach, promote and facilitate the practice of spiritual direction as arises from the Christian tradition, for the benefit of people of all denominations and none, in Gloucestershire and the surrounding areas. The spiritual direction training course is now one of the main tasks of the Trust.